Campaign Description

Here's what this campaign is about:


Ensuring equal opportunities in curriculum and programming for all students

Providing our students and faculty with safe, healthy, technology-driven learning environments

Committing to our neighborhood schools

Guaranteeing responsible stewardship of public funds

Celebrating the diversity within our district

Engaging parents to become active participants in the schools

Making data-driven decisions with measurable results




Email us at kirschlingforboard@gmail.com or call 331-6746

Saturday, August 10, 2013

...With a Little Help From my Friends

Those Beatles were indeed wise....

From the beginning, I've believed that this campaign is about the whole district and that my relationships with individuals representing the entire district would be something I could rely on.  I had no idea, though what incredible people I have working with me.

You see, this morning, I woke up in Nevis, MN at a cabin on Lake Belle Taine.  After trying to relax for the past week while blogging, making phone calls, reading and answering questions in preparation for the next month, I was leaving my wife and children behind to work diligently for the next week on the campaign back in Iowa City.

Leaving was not easy. My son, Cooper, asked, "If this is about the kids, then why do you have to leave your kids?"  His sister, Grace, was sobbing...even though minutes before, she'd been singing the candygram song Will Ferrel sings to James Caan in Elf (gotta love 7 yr olds).  I was pretty distraught and down for much of the ten hour drive home and the standstill traffic on 35W south of the twin cities didn't help either.

Imagine my surprise to return to see all of the Kirschling yard signs and a calendar chock full of meetings and listening posts.  It appears that in my absence, my own elves have been busy in the workshop. I feel like someone threw me a welcome home party.

I am thankful to all my good friends who believe in what we are doing.  I look forward to meeting those of you that I'm scheduled with over the past week.  I am re-energized and ready to roll for the next month.  Lets focus on the sprint now, so we can win the marathon that comes next. We've got a lot of work to do, but if we continue to focus on the well being of the entire district, then our efforts will bear fruit.

Thank you, thank you, thank you.  I can never repay you all for what you've done for me.

"I get by with a little help from my friends...with a little help from my friends."
-Lennon and McCartney

No comments:

Post a Comment